We were honored to partner with the Town of Gilbert's Office of Economic Development to host our first virtual Lunch and Learn event on April 2nd. The event featured local business professionals who shared tips and strategies to market and reach audiences during these COVID-19 pandemic.
To watch the recorded event: Play recording (1 hr)
Recording password: MvDP2xQt
Topics and presenters include:
General Marketing and Social Media
Jasmine Holmes, 910 West
Restaurant/Service Industry Social Media
Dani Kahn, Higher Grounds Roastery
General Marketing, Web Content
Ben Kalkman, ROCKET Media
Use of Business Signage
Eric Reber; Speedpro Imaging Mesa-Gilbert
Ryan and Alex Quinn, BrightGuest
Media Partner Update - New and Existing AdvertisersVIEW MEDIA RESOURCES
Chamber Resources Sarah Watts, Gilbert Chamber of Commerce
- Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resource Page
- COVID-19 Business Resource Page (Facebook): This group allows businesses to access and share resources as we support one another through the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Gilbert Area Take-Out and Delivery Options (Facebook): Join this group to view the menus and take-out/delivery options provided by our Gilbert area restaurants and caterers.
- Gilbert Area Non-Profit Response Page (Facebook): Join this group to learn about the opportunities for outreach, volunteerism, and support of our Non-Profit community partners. You may also find ways to help by clicking here and selecting the 'Help Local Businesses and Nonprofits' tab.
- Temporary Employment Board (Facebook): Businesses with open positions may post employment opportunities on this Board to provide temporary work for employees displaced as a result of COVID-19.
Kiley Phillips, Town of Gilbert
- COVID-19 Information: Gilbert, AZ Updates
Find updates regarding the Town of Gilbert, municipal buildings, business information, and additional town-wide resources by visiting gilbertaz.gov/COVID19
- Gilbert Text Alerts Residents can now text ‘GILBERT’ to 313131 to be automatically notified throughout the day with the latest information related to COVID-19 and its impact on our community. Once they send the message, they will get a text message with the latest information and follow-up texts as we receive new information from our teams, state leaders, and health experts. Text message and data rates apply. Phone numbers will not be shared or used for any purpose other than to communicate updates related to COVID-19.
- Submit Your Business or NonprofitInteractive Map
Business owners and nonprofit organizations can submit ways to receive support on an interactive map hosted on Alex, Gilbert’s Open Data Portal. Residents can use it as a guide to explore local options and how to help.
- Explore the map: alex.gilbertaz.gov/helpgilbertbusiness
- Submit your business or nonprofit: glbrt.is/BizHelp
- Explore Alex, Gilbert’s Open Data Portal: alex.gilbertaz.gov/
- Gilbert Office of Economic Development The Office of Economic Development supports the attraction, growth, and retention of business and industry for the community. If you are seeking general economic development assistance, please visit our website at www.gilbertedi.com Find information on business and workforce assistance programs, the Small Business Administration, unemployment benefits, and more by visiting glbrt.is/C19BizHelp
- SizeUp LBI Now more than ever, we understand small businesses need access to online business intelligence to help plan for recovery and growth following an unprecedented economic disruption. Our business community is able to receive industry-specific intelligence by utilizing SizeUp LBI, an online business intelligence tool. Explore the Gilbert Office of Economic Development’s online resource, SizeUp for business intelligence and market research at no cost to you: gilbertedi.com/sizeup
- Discover Gilbert: discovergilbert.com
Gilbert’s tourism line, Discover Gilbert, has a social media presence and is helping spread messaging about restaurants that are offering take-out and delivery, in addition to businesses offering online resources and specials. Follow Discover Gilbert online and tag us in your posts
- Facebook: facebook.com/DiscoverGilbertAZ
- Instagram: @discovergilbert
- Twitter: @discovergilbert
- Grammarly: grammarly.com While composing marketing emails, social media captions, and other business-related documents, Grammarly is a tool that can help users write more efficiently, effectively, and acts as an online editor.
- Canva: canva.com If you’re looking to design flyers, craft social media graphics, create presentations and more, Canva can help you. Canva helps businesses and teams create captivating graphics quickly
- HelpMainStreet: helpmainstreet.com If you’re a restaurant who offers gift cards, in addition to submitting your business to the Gilbert Interactive Map, make sure your restaurant is added to HelpMainStreet. This resource is dedicated to promoting local businesses and encouraging patrons to purchase gift cards to get cash to businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- AZTakeOutWeeks: arizonarestaurantweek.com Started by the Arizona Restaurant Association, Arizona TakeOut Weeks is local resource to promote restaurants who are offering take out, curb side, and delivery options.