Navigating Economic Disruption: A Conversation with Mayor Jenn Daniels
We'd like to thank those of you who have joined us each week for these calls. Please find below a summary of yesterday's discussion. We hope to have the recording available to you soon.
Top 5 Takeaways:
- Special thanks to Senator McSally for joining us on this week’s call.
- Senator McSally noted that many will receive their individual/family federal relief deposits directly into their bank accounts; so, keep checking your account. If you don’t receive/pay your federal taxes with auto withdrawal/payment, you will need to notify the IRS of both your bank’s routing and your personal account numbers on a secure site. Find more information HERE
- Congress is looking at ways to assist landlords by providing resources to keep them whole during this time of unpaid rents. Businesses should continue talking with their landlord to work out rent payment options, and Governor Ducey’s Executive Order prohibiting small business evictions provides guidance for navigating this situation. The Executive Order expires on May 31, 2020. On the residential side, if an eviction process begins, contact the local constable to understand what your options are. In Gilbert, this is Phil Freestone, 602-372-8307.
- Ben Blink from the Governor’s office announced Governor Ducey is requesting feedback from businesses about what policies and priorities should be addressed as the State evaluates implementing best practices to re-energize and re-open our economy. Send us your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them with Governor Ducey.
- New and updated resources for you:
- Several local banks are helping small businesses through the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loans. If you are having difficulties finding a banker, CLICK HERE, for the list of SBA approved banks providing assistance.
- Governor Ducey’s Executive Order provides opportunities for you to use online notarization services.
- Mayor Daniels and Town Manager Banger are committed to providing uninterrupted service to the community. If you have experienced any interruption in Town services, please visit the Town of Gilbert COVID-19 web page at www.gilbertaz.gov/COVID19 to access all departments’ contact information, and reach out for assistance.
- Continue checking the Town and Chamber’s websites and resource pages. www.Gilbertaz.gov/COVID19 and www.gilbertaz.com/COVID-19.
In closing, we will not hold a call next week but please plan to join us again on Wednesday, April 29th. And, continue to reach out and share your thoughts about future calls; these are designed for you and we want to ensure we are covering topics of most interest to the group. Stay positive and know you aren’t in this alone!
Mayor Jenn Daniels
Patrick Banger, Town Manager
Dan Henderson, Director of Gilbert Economic Development
Kathy Tilque, CEO Gilbert Chamber of Commerce
Sarah Watts, VP Gilbert Chamber of Commerce