Applications accepted May 1-June 15th of each calendar year.
Chamber Ambassadors act as an extension of Chamber staff by greeting new members, promoting Chamber programs, activities, projects, and events, and serving the Chamber community through volunteerism. Ambassadors establish, maintain, and improve the professional image of the Chamber, while creating goodwill and building the reputation and brand of the Chamber.
- Support onboarding and orientation efforts thereby growing first year retention rates.
- Support efforts to engage all members to increase overall retention rates.
- Represent the Chamber at its events and network with attendees.
- An annual fee of $100 per Ambassador is collected each year, payable by July 31st.
- Committee membership should not exceed 30.
- Ambassadors serve a term of one year, beginning on July 1st.
- Reapplication is required for returning ambassadors for each term, and placement is not guaranteed.
- All ambassadors (new and returning) are required to attend the Chamber Accelerator event within the first 90 days of a new term.
- Ambassadors are expected to regularly host perspective members as their guests at Chamber events or programs.
- Ambassadors commit to regularly attend Chamber events and programs, especially ribbon cutting ceremonies, Chamber Accelerator events, and Chamber Connection events.
- Ambassadors will serve as mentors to new members, as introduced by the Chamber.
- Committee meetings are typically held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Noon.
- To remain in good standing, each ambassador must attend at least nine (9) committee meetings each year.
- Ambassadors are required to attend an annual orientation meeting.
- Hold a membership with the Gilbert Chamber of Commerce at or above the Business level.
- Be a member of the Chamber for at least one year as of effective term date.
- Attend the Chamber Accelerator 30 days prior (June) to 90 days after (July-September) the start of a new term.