I am thrilled to share with you some updates on the Town of Gilbert’s #GilbertTogether Business Recovery Program. The #GilbertTogether Business Recovery Program is a three-phase program with a focus on supporting the relief, recovery, and resiliency of Gilbert businesses and residents.
Business Relief Grant
The purpose of the relief grant is to support the continued viability of the Gilbert businesses experiencing financial hardship due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Gilbert Business Relief Grant is focused on assisting for-profit businesses and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in operation prior to March 11, 2020. A detailed overview can be found here.
Qualifying businesses that experienced revenue declines of at least 15% because of COVID-19 will be eligible to receive a grant of up to $35,000 based on their demonstrated positive financial impact to the Town of Gilbert.
Financial impact will be estimated through the use of a web-based calculator that is currently under development. The calculator will collect information on the following:
- Number of employees
- Employee wages
- Taxable sales in Gilbert and TPT Liability
- Lease payments
- Utility expenditures
- Construction expenditures
The grant application is currently under development and the program is expected to launch soon. Businesses that are interested in applying for the grant once the application opens should begin gathering this information. Some real-world examples of business impact calculations can be found here.
Business Recovery Loans
The purpose of business loans is to enhance business recovery by “bridging the gap” between other loan programs and the revenue losses local businesses have faced due to COVID-19 and the related business shutdowns.
Gilbert has partnered with Desert Financial Credit Union to bring a low-interest micro-loan to the Gilbert business community. This second phase of the #GilbertTogether Business Recovery Program will provide loans from $10,000 - $50,000 to qualified businesses.
- Businesses including sole proprietorship, a partnership, Limited liability company, corporation, or other form of Business enterprise, operating within the Town of Gilbert.
- Provide loans between a minimum of $10,000 and a maximum of $50,000 to qualifying businesses that have been negatively financially affected by recent COVID-19 related business restrictions.
- Repayment up to 48 months at 4% APR and up to 60 months at 5% APR
- First Loan payment shall be deferred for 90 days.
- Loans awarded on a first come, first-serve basis to qualified applicants.
- If awarded, establish a business account with Desert Financial Credit Union.
- Business must have been located in Gilbert as of March 11, 2020 and continue to be located in Gilbert as of the date of the loan; and
- Business must have successfully operated a business for at least 2 years (does not need to have been in Gilbert for 2 years); and
- Business owner must meet minimum credit score requirement of 640; and
- Business must be current on all federal, state and local taxes; and
- Business must have been negatively financially affected by recent COVID-19 related business restrictions; and
- Business owner will provide a personal guarantee of the business’s loan; and
- Business must agree to terms of the loan agreement including using loan proceeds for specified purposes.
- Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Desktop Associate
- VMware, Cisco Network Professional
- Adobe Foundations, Oracle Database
- Automotive Technology
- Construction, Drafting (AutoCAD)
- Advanced Paramedic
- CNC Machine Operator
- Organizational Leadership
- Real Estate
- Project Management
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Administrative Professional
Resiliency assistance offerings will provide businesses and residents with access to experts and proven programs that will enable them to develop resiliency through improved business operations and career and technical training opportunities.
Maricopa County Community College District Career and Technical Training
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will deliver entry-level career and technical programs to assist Gilbert residents who have been impacted by COVID-19 to help support them throughout this pandemic and better prepare them for the future. Identified programs represent high demand professions with average wages at or above the median Maricopa County wage. These courses include:
Local First Arizona
Local First Arizona will provide technical assistance training to Gilbert micro-enterprises and restaurants impacted by COVID-19. Micro-businesses are 9 employees or less. The following assistance will be provided by Local First:
- One-On-One business technical assistance services for 50 businesses
- Up to 5 hours per each business
- 14 COVID-specific small business group training workshops
- Restaurant Bootcamp
- 8 focused digital group training sessions
- One-On-One technical assistance for 20 restaurants
- Up to 8 hours per restaurant
Hownd Marketing Platform
Hownd, a customer foot traffic and revenue-generation platform for local brick and mortar businesses, to launch an online marketing program at no cost to help drive customers back through their doors. The platform is designed to generate immediate cash sales and customer traffic as businesses work to recover from the impacts of the pandemic.
Through the contract, Gilbert will cover Hownd administrative fees that would ordinarily be charged to the participating merchant. This will generate revenue for local businesses through the sale of gift cards and coupons purchased through the MyHownd mobile app, email, social media, or a participating business’s website.
Co+Hoots, a globally-recognized entrepreneur support organization, will partner with Gilbert to launch the Gilbert Business Huub, a robust co-branded digital platform to support local governments in revitalizing small businesses during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through the Gilbert Business Huub, businesses will be able to connect with available resources:
- 20 online business education webinars and 6 new webinars
- Direct connection to local government, consultants, and ongoing resources
- One-On-One Technical Assistance
- Level Up Incubator
- Four-week cohort program for 5 entrepreneurs to launch a new business
Learn More at www.gilbertaz.gov/business/gil...