Each year, participants in the Gilbert Leadership program work together to select a community service project. New this year, we are encouraging non-profits to submit a project proposal for consideration by this year’s participants. The class is not required to select from this pool of proposals, but the process will go a long way to help participants better understand the needs within our community.
Once a project is selected, it is up to class members to fully organize, fundraise, and execute the project. Of course, they will work closely with a representative of your organization to ensure their effort are in alignment with your needs.
Does your organization have a project that falls within these parameters?
- Located within the Town of Gilbert
- Help and effort is truly needed; something that cannot be performed within the typical budget and scope of the organization
- Fundraising is likely, with a budget not to exceed $20,000
- Includes hands-on labor with one workday to include 25 individuals for at least six hours
- Use of contractors or outside labor is null or minimal
- Completion date within the month of April 2020
- Once completed, the project does not require ongoing maintenance by members of the class
If you feel your organization has an opportunity for this year’s class, please submit a proposal to Sarah at Sarah@gilbertchamber.com by July 26, 2019. Your proposal should be no more than two pages in length and should include:
- Organizational Information – Name, Address, and tax filing status, i.e. 501(c)(3)
- Statement of Need - What is the issue that you are addressing and why does it matter? Who benefits? Why hasn’t this issue been addressed sufficiently in the past?
- Project Activity – What are the specific activities involved? What specific outcomes should be achieved?
- Budget – What are the estimated expenses? What funding challenges do you anticipate, if any?
Qualifying submissions may be invited to present to the class on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 between the hours of 6:30 PM and 8:00 PM.
Please feel free to reach out to Sarah at Sarah@gilbertchamber.com with any questions!