Gilbert Leadership, a program of the Gilbert Chamber Foundation, has named 25 members to this year’s class as the program continues to raise awareness of community needs and helps leaders identify opportunities to serve the Town of Gilbert.
Gilbert Leadership is a ten-month development program that brings class members together one day each month to focus on specific issues and to provide an inside-look at healthcare and social services, community culture, town history, local education and government, economic development, and public safety. Participants are tasked with selecting, organizing and raising funds for a class project that will be of benefit and significant contribution to the Town of Gilbert and its residents.
The following individuals have been selected for Gilbert Leadership Class XXVIII:
- Thomas Arbaugh - Dignity Health
- Allyna Bay - Gilbert Fire and Rescue
- Gina Bennett - Conway Real Estate
- Lee Ann Benson - Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Donna Black - Grand Canyon University
- Randy Brice - Gilbert Police Department
- Rachel Caballero - TruWest Credit Union
- Allen Cain - Gilbert Public Schools
- Phillip Christensen - EPS Group Inc.
- Madisen Curtis - The Well Chiropractic Clinic
- Stuart Dougherty - FirstBank
- Robert Elder - Wallick & Volk
- Jason France- Suffer City
- Brenda Griesemer- Ernst & Young (EY)
- Nancy Hurst - Willow Massage + Spa
- Jeff Keffler – Windward Way Recovery
- Denise Lopez - HD SOUTH-Home of the
- Gilbert Historical Museum
- Mum Martens - Higley Unified School District
- Larry Melton - AZ Water Systems
- Diana Orquiola - Salt River Project (SRP)
- Javier Rodriguez - Salt River Project (SRP)
- Kurt Sabel- Self-employed
- Valerie Shaffer - The Town of Gilbert
- Braelyn Smith - Thrive Coworking for Women
- Cindy Vega-Nelson - Realty One Group
“Gilbert Leadership's focus on developing tomorrow's leaders through networking, team building, and personal as well as professional development is unparalleled,” said Jän Simon, Chairman of Gilbert Leadership and owner of Foundation Insurance Services. “This year, I am especially excited to be Chair of the Board as we are working on introducing new curriculum that we believe will take the program to the next level. We are also working to engage the alumni of the program like never before.”
Gilbert Leadership is a program of the Gilbert Chamber Foundation. For more information about Gilbert Leadership, contact Sarah Watts at (480) 941-6322 or visit www.gilbertleadership.com.
The Gilbert Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit, membership-based organization with more than 800 members ranging from home-based businesses to large corporations and representing more than 52,000 employees. The Chamber proactively serves as a business advocate to strengthen the business climate in Gilbert. To learn more about or join the Chamber, please contact (480) 892-0056 or visit gilbertaz.com.